Saturday, November 22, 2008

Introduction

Almost a month ago I returned from a 7 month round the world trip and it already seems like a lifetime away. Yesterday in cold, windy and hailing Great Yarmouth I left the office where I was temping (I literally was being paid to read books) and cycled in to town for a chip butty and a restock of my reading collection. At the library a book caught my eye, "Teach yourself tantric sex", so of course I plucked it from the shelf. However this blog isn't about that. It is about the second book that caught my eye "The Lonely Planet guide to Experimental Travel".


When I returned to "work" I didn't think it would be entirely appropriate to tuck into my sex book (I was on reception) so made a start on experimental travel. By that evening I'd finished it and was really excited about trying some of the ideas and coming up with my own to make my time here in Yarmouth a little bit more fun and exciting.

So that's what this is going to be, accounts of my experimental travels around the Great Yarmouth area, in other words a travel blog of my time staying at home.

No comments: